Tuesday, February 2, 2010

jalan purnawarman









I have previously raved about pedestrians having no rights in this city. And I didn't mean it as an overstatement.

In a lot of places in this city, there are either no sidewalks or the existing sidewalks have been invaded by street vendors and/or other usages.

Jalan Purnawarman (Purnawarman Street) - a busy commercial area featured in these pictures - is just another example. Bandung is generally not a walkable city, except for the brave citizens who have been so used to it and/or those adventurous souls who are willing to risk their lives on the streets.

Sadly, the city's government has never done anything consistent about this problem.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad to find out that my street (or the street under my name) has turned this bad (or worse). It is worse now than when I left back then. Thanks for the updates though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this blog is REAL! showing the real face of our city.. i just don't understand what's on our mayer head... big potato!

    ReplyDelete

Followers